Hi! My name is Alyona, I’m from Russia, but right now I live in Grodno, Belarus. I have my own vegan recipe web-site http://vegankitchen.ru/en/. Check it out)))
What was the moment you realize that you wanted to go vegan?
Nine years ago I became a vegetarian I thought that being Vegan is more important than being a vegetarian. It was a little bit hard to become Vegan but did the best, so I’m Vegan now.
How long have you been Vegan?
I have been Vegan for 6 years.
Why is being Vegan important to you?
As for me, right now, being Vegan is important, because I have a way of living that seeks to exclude all forms of exploitation and cruelty to animals for food, clothing or any other purpose.
Any recommended Vegan books?
Any recommended social sites, Facebook Groups or other?
I extremely respect these guys – http://www.otwarteklatki.pl/
Do you have a favorite movie or videos or your own media that you want to share?
As for me, it’s so hard to watch movies where is a lot of violence.
I have my own media.
http://vegankitchen.ru/en/ – my own web-site.
https://www.instagram.com/tululus_vegan_kitchen/ – Instagram
https://vk.com/club83382765 – Russian social network.
Do you actively promote veganism? How? Please share any stories you would like.
I promote veganism when I travel. I always meet new people from different parts of the World. I tell about the ethical way of my life. They are interested in my position. Besides, I cook them a great vegan dinner. Once I’ve been to Florence and talked about veganism with a guy. He is a teacher of Italian and Latin in school, after our dialogue he gave a task to his pupils to write an essay about veganism and what they think about it. Besides, from time to time I do workshops about vegan cooking.
What is your favorite Vegan meme?
What is the vegan stereotype you hear the most and how do you respond to it?
The most popular vegan stereotype is I (we – Vegans) eat only grass. In this case, I show my recipe web-site J
What’s your favorite Vegan restaurant?
As I travel a lot I have my favorite places. There are:
Berlin – Brammibals donuts, La Stella Nera;
Budapest – Napfényes Restaurant
Please share your favorite vegan recipe?
My favorite recipe is Vegan Carrot Banana Cake.
– 2 bananas;
– 1 cup of grated carrot (better to grate on a small grater);
– 90-100 gr. vegetable butter;
– 1/2 cup sugar;
– 1 tsp. baking powder;
– 1 1/2 cups flour.
- First, wash and peel the carrots. Then grate it on a fine grater. All in all, we should make a glass of grated carrots. I can’t say for sure how many carrots you will need for the vegan carrot banana cake, maybe it will be one big or two small carrots.
- Take a bowl and put all the ingredients there, except for vegetable butter and bananas. Smash bananas. Put them in a separate bowl, smash with a fork or blend them. Melt butter. We need to melt it in order to make mixing of the ingredients easier.
- So now put all ingredients in the bowl and blend them all together.
- Oil a little a baking mold and pour there our cake mix. As for the form, I would advise you to take the classic rectangular cake mold; the size should be about 25 x 10 cm or so.
- Bake the vegan carrot banana cake at 160 – 180 ° C, it takes about 50 minutes. There is a good way to check it for readiness as the cooking might take more or less than the usual time. We can check the vegan cake with a skewer to see if it’s ready. You can do this procedure after 30 minutes of baking – if the skewer is a little wet it means that the cake is not ready yet. If it is dry, then the cake is ready, and you can safely turn off the oven
Some encouraging words for new Vegans?
If you choose this way of life, you must go to the end. It sounds probably radical, but it is true! Go Vegan!
What does living cruelty-free mean to you?
For me, it means to use only products that are not tested on animals. Buy only vegan and cruelty-free stuff. No fur and leather.
What are you favorite Vegan non-food products or companies?
What is the toughest Vegan item to find that you need?
As I live in a place where veganism isn’t popular there is no place with vegan products and food, but I order tofu, gluten, and soy milk. Also, here we can go to Poland (because it’s close to Grodno) and buy their vegan food.
Talk about a time when you struggled with your Veganism?
I struggled only with people who ask me awful questions.